The Barabino's Troughs, almost unknown, represent a meaningfully popular leg of Genoa's history. read more
Build in 1707 by the First Government of Democratic Republic of Liguria according to Barabino's project, not so far away from S. Maria dei Servi's Church, the Troughs have been for many years the meeting place of the population in one of the most inhabited zones of the city.
The complete distruction of the pre-existent neighbourhood, which was articulated around Via dei Servi read more
and Via Madre di Dio, had forced in 1979 the displacement of the neo-classic building upon the new artificial crags drawn close to the hill of Sarzano.